PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : merge tex files

roescu
17-06-2009, 04:13
Hello folks,

I have some problem and I dont know if it is possible to solve it or not. If somebody has an idea, it would be gold for me!
So, I have file_1.TEX, file_2.TEX and file_3.PDF. Fille_1 is documentclass letter and file_2 is documentclass article. What I usually do is to compile these files and obtain 2 PDFs. Then I use acrobat to combine them together with file_3.

The question is: how can I create a new tex document master.TEX which would do the same job automatically, without being necesarry to use manual combine option from Acrobat?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,

roescu

edico
17-06-2009, 07:25
This is a german speaking board.

What I usually do is to compile these files and obtain 2 PDFs. Then I use acrobat to combine them together with file_3.

Das ist doch eine akzeptable Lösung, insbesonders wenn du dir den Compiling-Prozess mit einem script vereinfachst und Alles mit einem command 'erledigst'.

Ansonsten
[1] combine package
[2] 'Suche'-Funktion:
'mutliclass? verschiedene documentclasses in einem masterdokument'
... irgendwann Ende Mai mit Lösungsansatz.

edico

roescu
18-06-2009, 21:31
Dear edico,
I am sorry to post my message in english. This is because I dont know the language but i still needed some help.
thank you for pointing me this issue with the german language. you are right and i might have some more chances if i post the message in german. so, here it is the same message translated into german.

Hallo Leute,

Ich habe ein Problem, und ich nicht wissen, ob es möglich ist, um es zu lösen oder nicht. Wenn jemand eine Idee hat, wäre es Gold für mich!
Also, ich habe file_1.TEX, file_2.TEX und file_3.PDF. Fille_1 ist documentclass "Schreiben" und file_2 ist documentclass "Artikel". Was ich in der Regel tun ist, um diese Dateien und PDF-Dateien erhalten 2. Dann habe ich Acrobat Nutzung zu kombinieren sie zusammen mit file_3.

Die Frage ist: Wie kann ich eine neue TeX-Dokument master.TEX, die die gleiche Arbeit automatisch, ohne manuelle necesarry die Verwendung von Acrobat-Option kombinieren?

Vielen Dank im Voraus.
Mit besten Grüßen,

Please help!

mechanicus
18-06-2009, 21:46
Hello,

you can create your own script:
First you are using pdflatex for file_1.TEX and file_2.TEX. Finally the toolkit pdftk is your friend.

pdftk file_1.pdf file_2.pdf file_3.pdf cat output merge.pdf

The suggestion of edico was also to use the package combine (http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/combine/).

Is in an english speaking board nobody who can help you?

regards
Marco

In moments like this I think I have to learn english.

localghost
18-06-2009, 22:01
[...] The question is: how can I create a new tex document master.TEX which would do the same job automatically, without being necesarry to use manual combine option from Acrobat? [...]
Compile your documents to PDF. Afterwards create a minimal file master.tex with an arbitrary document class and use the pdfpages (http://ctan.org/pkg/pdfpages) package to merge them into one single PDF file.

If you are looking for a board with English as language, join LaTeX-Community (http://latex-community.org) (where you already registered an account).

Best regards
Thorsten

roescu
22-06-2009, 23:41
Thank you very much for your support. I appreciate it.
As I understand, there is no possibility to run elegantly pdf latex a single time to create a single pdf :(

Regarding the language issue, I am sorry for the problems I have caused.
I couldn't imagine it will be such an impolite thing. I had done it only because the English language forum was not available at the moment when I needed some help.
I was convinced there is no problem to write in a different language which is anyway widely used by most of you.
Secondly, it was not my intention to make trouble to anybody because I was thinking that, if somebody wants to help, he/she will do it without regarding me as an intruder in a closed comunity. I have to admit it is the first time in a long time when I encounter such a problem.

I am really sorry.
Glück auf!

bobmalaria
23-06-2009, 02:06
hey,

you shouldn't feel bad because of the kind of rough stuff in the rearlier comments. you are right, english is widely used, however, some people seem to defend their last hideaway from the global language dominating their daily life.:rolleyes:

so you are welcome to ask questions, however, keep in mind that this post may also be read by persons who don't speek the english language (well). as an educated guess i would say, that the english speaking LaTeX community is bigger anyway.

in the words of the former us president bush: no LaTeXer is left behind ;)

regards

ps: "glück auf" is afaik used especially in mining :cool:

mechanicus
23-06-2009, 07:55
As I understand, there is no possibility to run elegantly pdf latex a single time to create a single pdf :(

Hello,

there is a possibility. You can compile with

pdflatex -shell-escape mainfile.tex

and the following code:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pdfpages}

\begin{document}
\immediate\write18{pdflatex fiel_1.tex}
\immediate\write18{pdflatex file_2.tex}

\includepdf[pages=-]{fiel_1.pdf}
\includepdf[pages=-]{fiel_2.pdf}
\includepdf[pages=-]{fiel_3.pdf}