PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : autodirect to the most recent modified area

frankyemei
09-10-2007, 01:18
Hi All,

I am using latex to write a thesis with several chapter. Each chapter is a chapterN.tex file and they are combined in the Thesis.tex file. However, the navigator always show me the first page of the dvi file and I have to roll the mouse wheel to the recent change I have made every time. That's quite inconvenient.

For latex with a single file, it can always direct me to the most recent change in the dvi. How can it does the same in multiple file tex.

Thanks,
Frank

rais
09-10-2007, 07:41
Hi Frank,

For latex with a single file, it can always direct me to the most recent change in the dvi. How can it does the same in multiple file tex.

Does this mean you close the DVI, compile, and reopen the DVI? I'd simply leave the DVI opened in its viewer. This way, the change should be on your screen after recompilation, no matter which source file of the project has been changed---if you happen to look at an area in the DVI where the change is going to take place, that is.;-)
But the possibilities of your DVI viewer strongly depend on the viewer in question, in my case that would be kdvi 1.4

PS) You've found a German LaTeX board, so my English may `sound´ a bit off...
Regards,