PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : including a graphic in .tex file

Yang
16-01-2007, 15:49
sorry that I can not express the problem in German, ;)

the problem is, I exported a .eps file using CorelDraw. And I already included the 'graphicx' package using WinEdt, but that .esp file is not available by WinEdt. What is the problem? and when I tried to export .esp file in CoreDraw, there were some items needed to ben choosen, would those be issues?

Vielen Dank voraus.

localghost
16-01-2007, 16:10
It could be helpful to have the critical parts of the log file here. When exporting a graphic as EPS, there must be the bounding box specified. Maybe CorelDraw failed in this task.

bischi
16-01-2007, 17:04
Do you have the graphic? Or is the problem, that you cannot export it?

Log, warning, error, some of the source would be very helpful.

greetings, Bischi

rais
16-01-2007, 21:30
Hi Yang,

sorry that I can not express the problem in German, ;)

don't you worry about it---I mean, think about it: most of the LaTeX documentation is written in English, anyway;-)

the problem is, I exported a .eps file using CorelDraw. And I already included the 'graphicx' package using WinEdt, but that .esp file is not available by WinEdt. What is the problem? and when I tried to export .esp file in CoreDraw, there were some items needed to ben choosen, would those be issues?

Well, as you might guess from a picture of me to the left :D, I'm not running Windows, but I do have a few questions/suggestions:
- where did you put your graphics file? Into the folder, where your .tex-file is located---or another one? If you placed the graphics file into a different path, how do you access it: with relative path---or absolute? (I remember reading something about MikTeX 2.5 and an absolute path not being possible, but check out the miktex homepage for verification---I'm running under tetex, after all)...
Besides, do you have any special character (that includes space) within either path or the file name for the graphics file? I would recommend to keep the naming to characters a-z, 0-9, and maybe a dash (-)
Perhaps you should name your graphics file just `foo.epsī, place it in the same directory of your .tex file, and try to load it with \includegraphics{foo}, just to make sure.

Last, but not least: you do try to compile with latex, not pdflatex, right?

Kind Regards,