PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Book-style, binding margin on the wrong side!!!

sawalmih
05-11-2006, 13:57
I'm attempting to print using the LaTeX book style, using the twoside option. The final printout has the binding margin on the wrong side -- on the page-number side. The PDF exhibits the same margins. I'm guessing this is something simple I'm overlooking; any suggestions would be appreciated.

countbela666
06-11-2006, 13:12
Hi,

I'm afraid you're misinterpreting the typographically correctly dimensioned outer margin--which has to be twice the size of the inner margin--as a binding margin. A binding margin can be specified for example by using the package typearea which is also part of the KOMA Script classes.

In the following minimum example you can see a short passage of a book-style document in correct layout: two adjoining inner margins have exactly the size of one outer margin. If you add the class option BCOR=15mm, a binding margin with a width of 15mm is added to each inner margin, so that the inner margin plus the binding margin now nearly equal one outer margin.
%\documentclass[BCOR=15mm]{scrbook}
\documentclass{scrbook}
\usepackage{blindtext,showframe}
\begin{document}
\Blindtext\Blindtext
\end{document}
More information on how to construct a good page layout can be found in scrguien.pdf (ftp://tug.ctan.org/pub/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/koma-script/scrguien.pdf)page 15ff.

Regards,
Marcel