PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : New Document

lo2
19-08-2006, 10:34
Hello there

When I start on a new LaTeX 'document'. I will have to load a file which I call 'skabelon' (danish word nevermind the word). Which contains all those packages I need in the start and sort of stuff that I need to make a proper document. Now my question can I in any way get that stuff to appear in the start every time I make a new document automaticly?

If you do not understand please just tell me and I will see if I can make myself any clearer.

Xenara
19-08-2006, 11:59
Hi,

I think this depends on your Editor. For example, I use TexShop on my Mac. I defined some macros (my reports, letter, normal) that contain the complete structure of my document including all the header. When I open a new document I have just two clicks and I have it.
Perhaps something like this is also possible with your editor. Which one do you use? Which operating system?

Greetings,
Xenara

lo2
19-08-2006, 12:34
I run Windows 2000 professional. I just use the normal LaTeX.

Xenara
19-08-2006, 15:14
LaTeX is just your compiler. Apart from this, you have an editor and a viewer.
I don't really know, what is normally used on Windows. WinShell? TeXnicCenter? Thats the important point. Because LaTeX itself has nothing to do with you problem (in my opinion).

bischi
19-08-2006, 15:29
I run Windows 2000 professional. I just use the normal LaTeX.
That would be? Miktex? Texlive?

And the important point is - as already said - the used editor...

greez Bischi

lo2
19-08-2006, 21:57
I do belive that the program is MixTex.

The Icon however says that it is TeXniCenter

pospiech
20-08-2006, 19:42
I do belive that the program is MixTex.
The Icon however says that it is TeXniCenter

Your post tell me that you know very little about how LaTeX works. I would recommend to read a beginners documentation or by a beginners book.

About your question - it has nothing to do with LaTeX or the Distribution, it only depends on the Editor.

Matthias

countbela666
21-08-2006, 12:11
Create a new empty document, enter whatever should be displayed at creating a new document and save this document as a template in the corresponding folder (e. g. c:\program files\texniccenter\templates\document\english). The next time you want to create an new document choose File->from template instead of File->new (or similar, I just have the German version).

Regards,
Marcel

lo2
21-08-2006, 15:20
Firsly I must say that I am OK at LaTeX and that is not a thing for you to decide wheter I am any good or not.

Secondly to answer quatebel666 (sorry for not spelling it properly), what you say is excactly what I do...

sofa-surfer
21-08-2006, 15:27
Secondly to answer quatebel666 (sorry for not spelling it properly)

:confused:

rais
21-08-2006, 22:20
what you say is excactly what I do...
so what's the problem? :confused: